• Goto Comments
Overview: Retreating to the Antimatter Universe planet Qward, Sinestro builds an army of yellow ring wielders known as the Sinestro Corps. With the ability to "Instill Great Fear" on their side, the Sinestro Corps make a bold attack against the Green Lantern Corps and Earth. The Green Lantern Corps are outnumbered, outgunned, and taken completely by surprise. Can they survive?
Points: 1000 points for player 1, 1200 points for player 2
Actions: 4 actions per turn
Cards: 10% rule in place for Feats. No BFCs or Bystander Tokens allowed
Player 1 (Sinestro Corps Team): This player can only use characters with the Sinestro Corps keyword, or characters that have no keyword. Characters on the Sinestro Corps Team are assigned the Instill Great Fear card (this is not a Feat, and use is optional).
• Special (Sinestro): If you have one or more "Sinestro" characters on your team, select one as the Leader -- the Leader possesses the Leadership power if he does not already have it, and may use it twice per turn (potentially granting 2 extra Action tokens). No other character on your force may use Leadership until this one is KO'ed.
Player 2 (Green Lantern Corps Team): This player can only use characters with the Green Lantern Corps keyword, or characters that have no keyword.
• Starting Force: Player 2 may only place up to 700 points worth of figures on the board. The rest of the figures must be placed on the sideboard to be used later (see below)
• Reinforcements: At the beginning of the 4th round, you may place up to 100 points worth of characters from your sideboard to your starting area and use them immediately. Beginning the 5th round, place up to 200 points worth of characters the same way. Beginning the 6th round, place the rest of your sideboard figures the same way.
• Lethal Force is Authorized: At the beginning of the 4th round (when your first reinforcements arrive), characters on the Green Lantern Corps Team are immediately assigned the Lethal Force is Authorized card (this is not a Feat, and use is optional).
• Special (Hal Jordan): If you have one or more "Hal Jordan" characters on your team, select one as the Leader -- the Leader possesses the Leadership power if he does not already have it, and may use it twice per turn (potentially granting 2 extra Action tokens).No other character on your force may use Leadership until this one is KO'ed.
Sinestro Corps Strategy: Attack, Attack, Attack! You're job is to instill great fear, so do so! You've got 3 full rounds to terrorize your opponent, but won't be in trouble until the 5th and 6th rounds (when the Green Lantern Corps reinforcements come in bulk)... so don't give him an inch!
Green Lantern Corps Strategy: You want to delay as much as possible, but Sinestro's got a 300-point advantage, so turtling will probably get you killed. You need to balance out offense and defense until your reinforcements arrive (and the Guardians finally authorize Lethal Force). The odds are stacked against you, so we recommend only veteran players use this team.
Victory Condition 1: If an opposing force is wiped out at the end of any turn, the game ends and the surviving team is the victor.
Victory Conditions 2 (optional): The game is over at the end of the 8th round of combat. Victory points are based on KOs only. If your Victory points are higher than your opponent, consult the chart below:
•500+ points higher than opponent: Dominating victory!
•400+ points: Superb victory
•300+ points: Good victory
•200+ points: Fair victory
•0-199 points: Pyrrhic victory
Historical Outcome: As the battle moved to Earth, the Sinestro Corps are defeated due to the sheer numbers of the Green Lantern Corps, but mostly thanks to the new law allowing Lethal Force. One Guardian sacrifices himself to send Super-Man Prime to an alternate universe, the Anti-Monitor is hurled into space, and Sinestro himself is beaten to a pulp and arrested. Ganthet and Sayde leave and create the blue "hope" power ring, in preperation for the Blackest Night (scenario coming soon).