• Goto Comments
Overview: Krona (DC) and Grandmaster (Marvel) make a wager, and manipulates the Avengers and Justice League into obtaining 12 items of power: the Spear of Destiny; the Book of Eternity; the Orb of Ra; the Psycho Pirate's Medusa Mask; the Bell, Jar and Wheel of the Demons Three; and the Green Lantern Power Battery of Kyle Rayner; the Ultimate Nullifier; the Evil Eye of Avalon; the Wand of Watoomb; the Casket of Ancient Winters; the Cosmic Cube; and the Infinity Gems.
Player 1: Must build its team with all characters having the JLA team ability or keyword. (Highlander Rules apply)
Player 2: Must build its team with all characters having the Avengers team ability or keyword. (Highlander Rules apply)
Clarification:Derivitive versions of the JLA / AVENGERS are allowed on your team. For example, you can use figures with the Justice League Europe keyword (Dr. Light) or the Mighty Avengers keyword (Ares). (Thanks to Borgy for this suggestion)
Additional Build rules:
• Each player builds 4 different teams based on 500 pts per team (Highlander rules apply).
• Battlefield conditions are allowed if both players agree to use them but the 4th match must be played with no battlefield conditions.
• Once a team is used, they may not be use again.
• Use standard objects for all 4 matches. These objects are immune to TeleKinesis and cannot be destroyed or removed from the game.
It is recommended that you use a different map for each match.
1) Place one special object token in the middle section of each map. Each player gets 4 actions per turn.
2) To "take and hold" the object, a character must move adjacent to it (or on it) and may take it as a Power action. While "holding" the object, the character's movement is becomes  if it is greater than  and it becomes immune to Telekinesis.
3) If the character holding the object takes damage, it drops the object in the current square; then move the character directly away from the attacker’s position a number of spaces equal to the damage the character took.
If any Character keeps the object in its possession for 2 full rounds, it claims victory for their team and the match ends immediately.
(OPTIONAL): For longer games, the player only wins if he can bring the object back to his starting area.
Play up to 4 matches -- the player with the most objects wins the scenario. In the event of a tie, each player may combine two teams and play one last battle for 40 minutes (ie 1000 points, 5 actions per turn).
Historical Outcome: "The two teams battle until all of the items are gathered, at which point Krona and the Grandmaster betray each other. Krona mortally wounds the Grandmaster and scans the character's mind to learn of cosmic entity Galactus, although the Grandmaster's last act is to trap Krona between the two universes. Krona breaks free and begins to merge the universes, which would result in their destruction and the birth of another universe. The Avengers and the Justice League join forces to battle Krona, with time distortions causing a rapidly varying roster of characters from the history of both teams to appear. Krona is finally defeated, imploding to become a "cosmic egg". The two universes are returned to normal with no evidence of the villain's tampering, and in the title JLA the cosmic egg is revealed to be being monitored by the Justice League of America."